August 29, 2008

"Who's the Master!?"

For a rare few of us, we know that the answer to that question is... "Sho' Nuff!!" Usually yelled in a very loud voice. I heard today that actor Julius Carry died this past Tuesday due to pancreatic cancer. I only know of him through two film roles, but oh! what roles they were. The first and foremost is the aforementioned "The Last Dragon", where he played the uber-baddie Sho' Nuff whose goal was to defeat the young upstart Bruce Leroy.

Greatest. Martial-arts villain. Ever.

My second favorite Carry role was that of Lord Bowler, friend and fellow bounty hunter of Brisco County Jr., of the canceled-too-soon television series "The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr." Seeing Carry and Bruce Campbell play off of each other was a rare treat indeed.

I'll be rewatching "The Last Dragon" this weekend in his memory, if only to remind me why one should never yell "Why don't you sit down and shut up!" in a crowded movie theatre when The Shogun of Harlem is present.

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I came across your 'cactus kev's poker hand evaluator' page while researching for writing my own, and just wanted to say thanks, its amazing! (as are the links to the U of Alberta stuff)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home