May 16, 2006

My First Day and the End Days

I successfully survived the first day of employment, and I have cramps in my right hand to prove it, what with all the paperwork signing I performed. We're in the twenty-first century, people! Why must I continue to fill in the same information (name, address, SSN, DOB, yada yada yada) over and over and over again, on form after form after form? Where is our paperless society? Why isn't this information on some sort of scannable RFID chip on my driver's license or something? Sure, there are privacy issues to be addressed; but if the info was encrypted in some fashion with a private key that only I knew, then it would be secure from practically any and all nefarious scanner/hackers. Of course, the downside would be that such a card/chip could be stolen, and then you'd have serious identity theft issues to deal with. To counteract that, and make such a chip "unstealable" (for all intent and purposes), perhaps it could be implanted within the surface skin of your body. Perhaps on your hand. Or forehead. Hmmmmmm. Time to reread the last part of Revelation 13.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home