July 01, 2006

See You Later, Space Cowboy...

I'm not what you would call a huge anime fan, but I do like to dabble in a good anime series everynow and then. Of late, I've been enjoying the six-disc DVD set of the anime series Cowboy Bebop. Yeah, I know. Don't let the somewhat silly title turn you off. Anyway, I was watching "session" 22, when suddenly the series took a quite unexpected twist with the departure of two key characters. Then, over a lengthy montage of poignant images, this incredible song, totally perfect for the moment, started playing. I wondered why it had never received any major radio airplay, because it rocks. The song is "Call Me, Call Me" performed by Steve Conte of the Seatbelts. Give a listen to this short snippet, and see if you don't agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home