August 13, 2006

Hard Crash

I had two crashes this past week - one physical and one mental. The physical was my synthesizer, which suddenly decided to hang when I saved a newly added patch for one of my rock band songs. After waiting for over ten minutes in a locked state, I was forced to do a power cycle, and was greeted with the cheery message "User sequences corrupt. Must reset." Yes, all my 60+ patches and sequences had been lost. And of course, there was no backup. Nothing is more frustrating than having to redo a ton of lost work.

My second crash was caused by an recent email. No, not a computer virus. Rather, unexpected words from a friend that have been causing me to re-evaluate parts of my life, my motives, and my actions. I expect this introspection to be an ongoing process over the next few months. It is not a pleasant task. In perspective, keying in all my synth patches again doesn't seem as bad now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home